Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mumbai - Pedestrians

Last weekend, I was crossing the road after consuming a sumptuous lunch headed to my home near Jacob Circle (popularly known as Saat Rasta). I was crossing the road at the end of bridge which leads to Mahalaxmi Station. Generally as a pedestrian, I play by the rules and always try to cross the road at the earliest maneuvering through the traffic without waiting for the signal.

I am just moving across and the traffic comes to a grinding halt. In all the hullaboo and the jammed traffic around the huge circle, the traffic stops. I can bet anybody there is no city like Mumbai. You will not notice such kind of Civil sense. The signal shows Red Light for vehicles and Green Light for pedestrians. I know when we crazy Punjabi’s drive our cars in Punjab. Its not all the Sardar jokes that we skip every red light. But we would have shown little or no sense for stopping our vehicle for pedestrians to pass.

Luckily I don’t own a motor in Mumbai. I have all the regards for the motor(vehicle) owners in Mumbai, who show such high level of respect/chivalry to their fellow citizen on foot.

Cheers Guys to the City of Love, Fame & Money………..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mumbai

No comments:

Post a Comment