Monday, April 19, 2010

Its boring to be ADULT

Today I felt vindicated after spending one week in water, I was able to float in water. Though swimming still seems a distant dream. But soon it will be a reality. My friends are shouting on top of their voices, you are paying 2 grands just for taking bath in a swimming pool. But now I am confident, I have somehow fought with my inhibitions to swim.

Schools have just started and there are dozens of kids splashing water with their hands and legs. Totally disconnected from the world, whether or not, they wish/will learn to swim, they are hardly bothered. Why can’t I get my days back of innocence/ignorance?

And in the showers, the coordinator announces, your next period can also be dedicated to swimming. Everybody is clapping, shouting, as if Aishwarya has been crowned Miss World for the second time. My friend is smiling at me and tells, quick, we are getting late for office. And I ask him, will you feel the same if your boss calls and tells you, you can come an hour late to the office. He says, your question has boss and office in it? I get numb when I hear from boss and feel too bored to go to office. It only adds to the already boring life we are leading, forget about the happiness. If the card does not meet its master (the swipe machine), I am always bothered about losing my half day’s salary. So there is no scope of excitement to arise because of the constant fear in my mind. Dude, I don’t know, whether we are struggling for peace of mind or fighting against time. Either ways, both are hard to achieve.

Why cant we grown ups feel the same kind of joy and excitement as kids do, on such small-small things in our life? My neighbours’ son, had always only one concern after returning home from school in the afternoon, I should stay away from my house for next six hours. My mom bothers me to finish my home work. Homework or perhaps teacher’s spanking was the only concern in our life. Now, there are so many people for whom we are planning/scheming and yet not achieve anything. Everything boils down to the fact how much you are earning. (More on that sometime later)

No comments:

Post a Comment